You are blessed when you have a sibling. Having a brother or sister means having lifetime insurance of unconditional love, support, happiness, and guidance. Whether small or big, siblings are always there, and you can count on them like 1, 2, 3. However, there are moments when you fight with your sibling and have arguments. Your sibling may be distressed because of some professional or personal reasons. In all these scenarios, you try hard to bring a smile to your sibling’s face, to ease down the pain, and to comfort. At that very moment, you may not come up with a fail-proof plan. So, here are some ways that you can read and probably memorize for emergencies.
- Communicate Politely: A lot of problems can be solved with communication. Lack of communication is itself a problem. After a quarrel or when you notice a behavioral change in your sibling, sit down and talk with him or her. It’s important that you talk with utmost politeness and sincerity to solve the problem and not give rise to one more. Share experiences, make each other understand things, give solicited advice, and be there for each other.
- Spend Time Together: There is a phrase, just by spending time, things go right. And, it can be true! Spending quality time with your sibling can lead to a rock-solid foundation of your relationship, enhance mood, and give you the space to share some laughs. You can bond over anything, maybe books, video games, movies, coffee, food, or anything that you both have in common or shared interest in.
- Go on Out: You and your sibling may have different sets of friends with whom you like to hangout. But once-in-a-while you both can take a vacation together and go out for meals. When your brother or sister is sad, take him/her out forcefully for a mood change. Treat your sibling with tasty food and witness a positive change in the mood. He or she will surely feel good.
- Give Gifts: Have you ever noticed your mood brightens up when you receive a gift. That happens with everyone. Bring a gift for your sibling or take your sibling out shopping. You don’t have to wait for an occasion to give a gift; otherwise, it would work wonders. A bar of chocolate as a gift will also suffice. Chocolates help release happy and feel-good hormones. Think of a gift that your sibling is dying to buy for a more positive impact.
- Celebrate Good Times: Good and bad times are part and parcel of life. It’s important that you celebrate good times with your siblings to make life vibrant. Celebrate all the festivities, occasions, and achievements of each other. Party as and when you can. For instance, if your brother cannot make it for Raksha Bandhan, make an online rakhi delivery to his place and honor it from a distance. When your sister comes first in her competitive exams, make a gift delivery to boost her confidence and congratulate her. Find happiness in small reasons and activities.
- Be There With Each Other: We said earlier, having a sibling is a sheer blessing. No matter what, be there for your brother and sister. With you by his/her side, your sibling will overcome their greatest fears and start to enjoy the little pleasures of life.
Be the reason for each other’s happiness. Crack jokes, be silly, be supportive, and create some beautiful memories with each other. You don’t get siblings in every life like the ones you have.