What is steam cleaning
Steam cleaning is the most environmentally friendly type of cleaning. It is performed using home steam cleaner household or industrial. Hot steam allows you to dissolve most of the dirt and disinfect surfaces without the use of chemicals. This type of cleaning is optimal for cleaning any premises where the use of a large amount of detergents is undesirable.
What are steam generators?
Steam cleaners are divided into 2 large groups: domestic and industrial.
- Household ones are distinguished by a simple and relatively safe design, relatively low power and steam pressure (but sufficient for everyday cleaning), as well as simplified functionality. That is, a steam cleaner for the home is, as a rule, a unit with one mechanical button, when pressed, steam is supplied from the nozzle.
- Industrial have high power. Many of them are equipped with a built-in vacuum cleaner. With the help of such units, you can not only achieve high-quality cleaning of residential or office premises, but also wash equipment in workshops of various industries, building facades, heavy equipment, etc.
What can be cleaned with a home steam cleaner?
A steam cleaner can clean any surface that does not deteriorate from exposure to hot steam:
- surfaces painted with waterproof paint;
- cabinet furniture with care (it is necessary to immediately wipe the treated area dry to avoid damage to the veneer);
- Stuffed Toys;
- sink, sink, shower;
- many types of floor coverings;
- suede leather shoes and more.
What can not be cleaned with a steam generator?
Steam is strictly forbidden to clean office equipment, paper and cardboard surfaces, everything that can become unusable from water or high temperature. Also, do not direct steam at people, pets and bring jets of steam close to plants.
When do you need a household steam generator?
A household steam cleaner can be useful for people who need to quickly clean and disinfect clothes, furniture and various surfaces in the house. Often these are pet owners, people suffering from allergic reactions and families with children living in the private sector.
Do I need a device in a city apartment without pets and small children?
Everyone should decide this question for themselves, focusing on the pros, cons and their own needs.
- Allows you to clean without chemicals or with minimal use.
- Speeds up the process.
- Allows you to save energy, suitable for people who are contraindicated in heavy loads.
- Kills germs, mold, insect larvae and dust mites.
- Cleans dirt that is difficult to dissolve in other ways.
- A unit with a tank volume of 1 liter or more has dimensions comparable to a vacuum cleaner, that is, it needs storage space. Exceptions are compact models with a tank volume of 200-500 ml.
- Even the most convenient and safe steam cleaners can cause burns.
- On many simple models, the steam supply valve is mechanical; when pressed, it works even when the unit is de-energized.
- Stubborn dirt must first be treated with chemicals, and only then apply steam.
How to choose a steam cleaner for your home?
If you decide to buy a steam cleaner, pay attention to the following parameters.
1. Type of steam cleaner : manual or multifunctional.
- Manual . One filling is enough for 20-40 m2. Such units weigh from 1.5 to 4 kg. The device has to be held up. Indisputable advantage – compactness. Suitable for small apartments.
- Multifunctional. Looks like a vacuum cleaner. With an empty tank, it weighs about 3-6 kg, but you only have to hold a practically weightless nozzle. A tank with a capacity of 1-2 liters of water (sometimes more) is located in the base, which is easy to move due to convenient wheels.
The devices are equipped with a variety of nozzles: metalized brushes, PE brushes with plastic scrapers, brushes for upholstered furniture and carpets, nozzles with squeegees for glasses and mirrors, nozzles for steaming and disinfecting clothes, mops for washing floors, etc. Several nozzles are usually included in the kit, the rest can be purchased separately along with terry cloths and shoe covers. Can be used to clean almost any washable surface.
2. Tank volume. It depends on the duration of work and the surface area that you can process with one dressing. So 200 ml is enough for up to 7 minutes of work on an area of about 20 m2. With a capacity of 2 liters, it is possible to process up to 150 m2 within 45 minutes.
3. Pressure. For household models, a pressure of 3-4.2 bar is considered normal.
4. Power. As a rule, it is from 1.5 to 2.2 kW.
5. Weight. It is relevant mainly for hand-held devices. However, if the unit has to be carried in the hands with a full tank (for example, lifted to the second floor of a country house), the weight should be taken into account.